May 2, 2008

Mission to Kenya ~ Fall 2007

Katie McLain and I have return to Kenya to work on the library we helped build. Our mission team of 2 is organized by the United Methodist Church's Volunteers In Mission and our work is planned by the Kaaga Methodist Church and the Miriam Kanana Mubichi Foundation. We will stay in the home of Steven and Florence Mubichi along with their daughters Fridah and Ravena. Fridah's phone number in Kenya is 011254723083267. Katie's phone in Kenya is 011254728525281. Find additional contact information at the bottom of this blog.

This is MY blog but Katie also has a great blog written from a 21-year old's perspective. Her blog is located at http://kenyakatie.livejournal.com/

REMEMBER: This is a blog, ie a travel journal, and the most RECENT entry is at the top.
To start at the beginning, scroll to the bottom and read UP.

3 comments:

L.C.L. said...

Hi, Jean! I was just about to e-mail you. I saw this IM-- sorry I wasn't online! I've checked your e-mail and there's nothing earth shattering in there this week. There's a pregnancy seminar coming up that the organizer wants you to be a part of. But it's on November 14th, which I don't think you'd have time to prepare for anyway. I've saved the e-mail so let me know if you want to see it.

I'm going to post this on your blog as a comment-- I wonder if you can get that easier? That's interesting that you have a dedicated cable but can't check e-mail! Oh, I almost forgot-- Kay Stout e-mailed me. She wants to be added to the women's list and she also said she would talk with me about finding a job. She said she's been a career counselor for years, so I e-mailed her and tried calling her but we've been playing a bit of phone tag.

Love you and miss you! Hope all is going well in Kenya! I haven't stopped by and gotten the calling cards from Larkin yet, but I plan to soon.

Lindsay :)

P.S. I've been reading your blog and it's GREAT! I got your contact number from it and I'll give you a text if something comes up.

Lindsay C. LaFevers, J.D.
3003 River Oaks Dr. #213
Norman, OK 73072
405.760.0825
l_lafevers@hotmail.com
www.lafeverslaw.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Plotter, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://plotter-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.